Monday, May 3, 2010

The Ready Store ***ENDED***

In my opinion being prepared for an emergency is super important.  Let me just share with you for a moment why I know this to be true.  We actually lived in San Antonio when Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast.  Granted we experienced nothing inland that was experienced on the coast, but the days prior the hurricane making landfall were very worrisome.  The San Antonio grocery stores were overrun with people trying to stock up on food and essentials in case they were stuck in their homes.  It was complete chaos!  I remember being at work as we prepared for impending patients to be transferred out of the affected areas and my husband calling to say he wasn't able to buy any bottled water.  The stores were sold out!  Sure enough it was even being broadcast on the local news that there was a shortage of bottled water and food that wasn't perishable.  Now wouldn't it have made sense to already have these necessary items on hand in case of an emergency?  Like stored in our own home?  Definitely! 

The Ready Store has everything that will help you to be prepared and get ready in case of an emergency.  This way you have more than just a few days to prepare!  The Ready Store recently sent me some of their freeze dried food and other emergency preparedness items.   I'm so glad to be able to start stocking our food storage with it!  At The Ready Store you will find...

So many varieties of Freeze Dried and Dehydrated foods:








Which my husband and I should have owned back in San Antonio!

The Ready Store literally has everything to get you ready for an emergency.

The winner of this giveaway is going to receive a fabulous prize package from The Ready Store!  This package consists of:

A Freeze Dried #10 can of Beef Stroganoff with Noodles- A $26 value!

An Individual MRE Meal consisting of vegetable lasagna, pears, drink, etc.- A $7 value!

A one person Ready BOTTLE Emergency Kit- A $27 value!

Plus...a Ready Store apron & t-shirt!

There are 5 chances to win. Be sure and leave separate comments for each entry on this posting to enter. **If you qualify for all 5 chances then leave 5 separate comments**

Entry #1: Leave your name, email address, or whatever you feel most comfortable leaving in a comment.
Comment example, Dandy Smith

Entry #2: Become a follower of the Dandy Giveaway blog or if you are already a follower.
Comment example, Dandy Smith= blog follower

Entry #3: Place a Dandy Giveaway button on your blog or if it's already there.
Comment example, Dandy Smith=blog button

Entry #4: Tell us what you need from The Ready Store and why.
Comment example, Dandy Smith= Some dehydrated food, because of the shelf life is 10-20 years!

Entry #5: Subscribe to The Ready Store newsletter (right side of website) and also be entered to win a year's supply of freeze dried food!
Comment example, Dandy Smith= newsletter

This giveaway will be open for entries all week and will end on Sunday, May 9th (Mother's Day) at 11:30pm EST. Be sure and check back on Monday, May 10th to see if you won!

232 comments:

  1. Christa, needs MRE's because I love the convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna F. : I need one of those HUGE blue water drums. Who really wants 50 water bottles under their bed? I need that space for other food storage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth Monson

    logan 4301 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth Monson

    Follower

    logan 4301 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Allred = the MREs are great to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. traci s- i need it because i am totally unprepared!! have nothing put aside for emergency !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra Taylor - Mountain House meals. . . I need a bunch of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Piper Marquette blog follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piper Marquette We need water storage containers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy Robison= blog follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need the 72 hour kits, and the MRE's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kimmel Tippets: I need a 72 hour kit for a family of four. Ours doesn't have nearly as much and I would love to be more prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie G: button, rantsravesandpetpeeves dot blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leslie G: I really need food, so any of their MRE's or #10 cans I would LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rachael Sherwood - I need some MRE's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. amy pugmire: need some dehydrated food because i have no food storage at all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katrina Southwick
    I would love one of the big blue water containers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clare - I need everything - building up that food storage!

    ReplyDelete
  19. happymomc = blog follower
    happymomc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Edith: dandy button on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Edith: I love food, always need food to rotate for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beth Willis- blog follower

    bethwillis01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beth Willis- blog button

    http://bethscoupondeals.blogspot.com/

    bethwillis01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Chris satko- chrissatko7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Chris Satko- blog follower

    chrissatko7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Misty Lambert, blog follower

    ReplyDelete
  27. Misty Lambert, we may be moving to the Dominican Republic, so we need to have our food storage done!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Michelle Berry: The MRE's because my kids actually like them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lucinda Douglas = newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lucinda Douglas = I have been shopping the Ready Store for years. I love their 72 hour survival kits. All the work done for you and in a convenient backpack, ready to go. I can't ever have too much food storage though.

    ReplyDelete
  31. erica - the dehydrate food would be great to have on hand as a just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jennifer = Emergency Blanket for the car and Frontier Pro Water Filter for whenever water goes bad

    ReplyDelete
  33. Liz Anson: we need MRE's for our 72 hour kits :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Alena - blog follower

    ReplyDelete
  35. Alena T - We need a new 72 hour kit

    ReplyDelete
  36. Mandy Merrill - could really use a water drum, we do pretty good with our cold food storage but haven't gotten emergency water storage yet.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Rebecca F. - A 72-hour kit would be great...since I live in an apartment it's hard for me to store a lot of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ssan Spiers - I am a Dandy blog follower!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Susan Spiers - I live 1 hr NE of New Orleans, the Deluxe Family 72hr Kit - 4 person, would hold my family thru until help came after a devistating hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  40. sarah mann: we use MREs in emergencies

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would love some MREs
    daunfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. emilee k. I need a water barrel so I can store more water.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Mandi Cooper, I really need some MREs. Gotta stock up just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Abby in Kalamazoo: Dandy blog follower

    ReplyDelete
  45. Abby in Kalamazoo: Added Dandy blog button

    ReplyDelete
  46. Megan=I need some dehydrated food because I don't have very much food storage right now!

    ReplyDelete
  47. gustosa - emergency auto kits because summer is near and were always on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Sarah K = I need the Auto Emergency kit because I'm always on the go with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Rich: I need a year supply of MRE's. I need them for all the time I wish I spent camping.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Rich: I subscribed to survive!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Erin

    eadavenport(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Holly Smith
    hollyksmith(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Holly Smith - blog follower

    ReplyDelete
  54. Holly Smith - we need 72 hr kits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Because it has a great shelf life

    ReplyDelete
  56. Jeana - I need to get a jump start on my food storage.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I wouuld love to win this because we have no food storage at all.
    dmcstudiosalon@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I need weverything because I think I have one can of spaghettio's as food storage. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Lindsay Call- would be great for food storage and have for an emergency

    ReplyDelete
  60. April V - would love to have the Mountain House Meals! Very convienient!

    ReplyDelete
  61. snowflake200367@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. snowflake200367@yahoo.com = Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  63. snowflake200367@yahoo.com = need water barrels for water storage!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Kati Spencer: Some of the freeze-dried meals because they would be easy to prepare in an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Anne Molino the hygene kit would just be really nice to have, for obvious reasons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Julie- blog follower

    ReplyDelete
  67. Julie - 72 hour kit because I don't have one

    ReplyDelete
  68. Raelyn Anderson - blog follower

    ReplyDelete
  69. Raelyn Anderson - We need some 72 hour kits

    ReplyDelete
  70. Raelyn Anderson - newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  71. Brooke B: We are just getting our storage really going. Water drums or 72 hours kits or dehydrated food would be WONDERFUL

    ReplyDelete
  72. Jennifer H-I would love a 72 hour kit

    ReplyDelete
  73. Bonnie Mousley = Blog Follower

    ReplyDelete
  74. Ann Smith - I need more meat and eggs in my food storage.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Kim Brooks - my husband always talks about MRE's from his Army days. I'd love to have a couple of those!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Melody Nelson I would love to try the freeze dried food

    ReplyDelete
  77. Emily Robison
    erobison09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Emily Robison-blog follower
    erobison09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  79. Emily Robison
    I need almost everything!! I would love the Basic Year Supply package
    erobison09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  80. Emily Robison
    I subscribe to the Ready Store newsletter
    erobison09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. Brandon=a water container because we don't have any water storage

    ReplyDelete
  82. Bonnie Mousley = Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  83. Bonnie Mousley = Some dehydrated food!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Tiff T - longer storage life would be nice

    ReplyDelete
  85. Lecia Swallow - Follower

    ReplyDelete
  86. Lecia Swallow - I need several of the water containers!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Amanda H The MREs would be perfect for camping as well as to have here incase of an earthquake. Plus the water storage container is great.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Jenny Peterson I could always use more food for my food storage!

    ReplyDelete
  89. We are trying to build our food storage, and this would be a big help. I love dehydrated fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Shauna = I need the ULTIMATE year supply!

    ReplyDelete